Instructions for changing your monitor settings.
- Open System Preferences (either from the Dock or from the Apple menu).
- Open the Displays Panel and choose the Display tab.
- On the left of the Displays tab, select 1024 or greater from the list.
- Set the colors to Millions or Thousands from the Colors pop-up menu.
- Quit or close System Preferences when done.
Apple OS 9 or earlier
- From the Apple menu select Control Panels > Monitors.
- On the Monitors dialog box, make sure you have selected the Monitor panel (click the Monitor button – it has a sun-like icon).
- On the right of the Monitor panel is a Resolution list. Select 1024x768 or larger from the list and your monitor resolution will immediately change.
- When you are satisfied with your display resolution, close the Monitor/Display Control Panel (File > Quit or just click the close box).
Windows (all versions)
- Minimize all applications so that you can see the desktop.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop background (not on an icon).
- In the resulting pop-up menu, choose Properties.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
- In the Settings tab, in the lower left corner, is a "resolution slider", slide this control to 1024 X 764.
- Set the Colors drop down list to "Millions" or "Thousands".
- Click the Apply button.
- If you see a message asking if you want to keep the new settings, click the Yes button within 15 seconds.
- Click the OK button to close the Display Properties dialog box.