New Jersey AmeriCorps Formula Operating and Planning Grants
AmeriCorps is a national service network that provides full- and part-time opportunities for participants, called members, to serve their communities and build the capacity of organizations to meet local needs. The New Jersey Commission on National and Community Service (hereinafter “the Commission”), New Jersey Department of State, seeks to fund local initiatives and utilize the AmeriCorps model to increase civic engagement and improve New Jersey’s communities by deploying AmeriCorps members to provide services in the six focus areas identified in the Serve America Act. These focus areas are:
- Disaster Services
- Economic Opportunity, including My Brother’s Keeper
- Education, including STEM
- Environmental Stewardship
- Healthy Futures
- Veterans and Military Families
Through this AmeriCorps Formula Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), the New Jersey Commission on National and Community Service seeks:
- Operational grant applications that demonstrate that they will engage AmeriCorps members in an evidence-informed and evidence-based approach to providing a service intervention that will result in intended solutions to community problems (e.g., based on proposed program’s performance and evaluation data or research demonstrating the effectiveness of a similar intervention).
- Planning grant applications that support the development of AmeriCorps programs so applicants are better prepared to compete for an AmeriCorps program grant is the following grant cycle. While there is no guarantee of future funding the Commission will offer these planning grants to enable successful applicants to receive technical assistance and training and to build an infrastructure that might enhance their ability to run a successful AmeriCorps program in the future. Planning grants may not be used to support AmeriCorps members.
Applicants will be awarded points for providing evidence that their proposal intervention will lead to the outcomes identified in the theory of change (logic model). Applicants shall provide evidence that the proposed intervention is effective for the proposed population and community challenge.
Application Due Date: May 20, 2016
2016/2017 NJ AmeriCorps Formula Operating and Planning Grants Notice of Funding Opportunity
Contact: Rowena Madden Rowena.Madden@sos.nj.gov or Ivette Ramos Ivette.Ramos@sos.nj.gov if you have questions.