Working with the owners of each type of Asset (ie., bridge, pavement, facilities, etc), the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT)
developed an overall Asset Management Plan that included a tactical level plan for each class of asset by the end of 2008.
Steering Committee approved the six following goals:
The Division of Capital Investment Strategies is responsible for advancing various objectives to meet the above goals.
- Institute a Departmental Asset Management Plan that clearly explains existing asset condition levels or system performance and
establishes NJDOT’s plan to maintain or improve them.
- Establish an easily accessible, online, one-stop location to access data on asset conditions.
- Have a project delivery pipeline that contains the right quantity and mix of projects.
- Make project decisions that are data driven, but decided in close collaboration and coordination with Department staff and external
- Ensure that the Department’s management systems support its decision-making needs.
- Foster greater knowledge and understanding of Asset Management best practices at NJDOT through educational opportunities and internal