Route 130 Bridge over Oldmans Creek to be closed
Traffic will be detoured between
Gloucester and Salem Counties
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the closure and detour of Route 130/Crown Point Road for the start of a project to rehabilitate the bridge over Oldmans Creek between the towns of Logan, Gloucester County, and Oldmans, Salem County.
Beginning at 6 a.m. Friday, November 20, NJDOT’s contractors, IEW Construction Group and Atlantic City Electric, are scheduled to close the Route 130 Bridge over Oldmans Creek for utility relocation and the start of rehabilitation work.
The $3.38 million state-funded project will remove counterweights and wire ropes to convert the bridge from a moveable bridge to a fixed span and is expected to be completed by spring 2016. Pedestrian access across the bridge will be temporarily unavailable during construction.
The following detour is expected to be in place:
Route 130 northbound
- Traffic will be directed to turn right onto CR 642/Porcupine Road
- From Porcupine Road, traffic will continue onto CR 643/Straughns Mill Road
- From Straughns Mill Road, traffic will use I-295 northbound
- From I-295 northbound, traffic will exit onto CR 620/Center Square Road
- From Center Square Road, traffic will turn right back onto Route 130 northbound
Route 130 southbound
- Traffic will be directed to turn left onto CR 620/Center Square Road
- From Center Square Road, traffic will use I-295 southbound
- From I-295 southbound, traffic will exit onto CR 643/Straughns Mill Road
- From Straughns Mill Road, traffic will continue onto CR 642/Porcupine Road
- From Porcupine Road, traffic will turn left back onto Route 130 southbound
Variable message signs and lane closure signs are being utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the deck replacement project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.