Route 46 eastbound overnight lane and ramp closures this week in Passaic County
Closures required to perform traffic shift as
construction project advances
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the overnight lane and ramp closures on Route 46 eastbound, Notch Road and Clove Road this week, as the Route 3/Route 46 Improvement Project advances in Passaic County.
Starting at 10:30 p.m. Thursday, July 21 until 5 a.m. Friday Morning, July 22, NJDOT’s contractor, J.F. Creamer & Sanzari, is scheduled to temporarily close two lanes on Route 46 eastbound between Valley Road in Clifton and Rifle Camp Road in Woodland Park for restriping.
In addition, starting at 10 p.m. Friday, July 22 until 6 a.m. Saturday, July 23, NJDOT’s contractor, J.F. Creamer & Sanzari, is scheduled to temporarily close two lanes on Route 46 eastbound between Valley Road in Clifton and Rifle Camp Road in Woodland Park; the Notch Road ramp to Route 46 eastbound; the Route 46 eastbound ramp to Clove Road; and the Clove Road ramp to Route 46 eastbound for restriping. This operation will create a wider and safer work zone by shifting traffic within the project area.
The following signed ramp detours will be in place from 10 p.m. Friday, July 22 until 6 a.m. Saturday, July 23:
Notch Road ramp to Route 46 eastbound detour:
• From Notch Road, motorists wishing to gain access to Route 46 eastbound will take Notch Road until it becomes Long Hill Road
• From Long Hill Road, motorists can make a right onto Lower Notch Road and continue to Route 46 eastbound.
Route 46 eastbound ramp to Clove Road detour:
• Motorists wishing to gain access to Clove Road from Route 46 eastbound will be directed to Valley Road to Normal Avenue
• From Normal Avenue motorists can make a right onto Upper Mountain Avenue/Long Hill Road then bear right onto Clove Road
Clove Road ramp to Route 46 eastbound detour:
• Motorists on Clove Road wishing to gain access to Route 46 eastbound will be directed to make a right onto a Clove Access Road
• From the Clove Access Road, make a left onto Oak Hill Road, and another left onto Route 46 eastbound
The $40.8 million federally-funded Contract A portion of the Route 3, Route 46, Valley Road and Notch/Rifle Camp Road Interchange Improvements project, which started construction in January 2016, includes the construction of a new two-way service road, three signalized intersections, and two single-lane roundabouts parallel to Route 46 westbound to remove local traffic from the state highway. The project is being accomplished with two contracts, and is expected to be completed in fall 2022.
Variable message signs are being utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the interchange improvements project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road or ramp closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.