Baseline Document Change Requests
Baseline Document -
Generally Baseline documents are used to design, contract or maintain the project. Examples include:
- Standard Specifications
- Standard Inputs to the Specification
- Standard Construction and Traffic Control Details
- Sample Plans
- Design Manuals
- Standard Pay Item List
- Other Manuals establishing standards, etc.
Baseline Document Change (BDC) Request -
A form submitted by a Manager requesting Configuration Management review and action on a perceived need to change a Baseline Document.
Baseline Document Change (BDC) Announcement -
An announcement used to generate and distribute changes in a baseline document.
Baseline Document Change Request Procedure
- The Initiator (Unit Manager) submits the BDC Request form with the draft of the proposed change to the Configuration Management Unit.
- The Supervisor assigns the BDC Request to a staff member and a list is maintained of all BDC requests.
- The BDC Unit staff member will:
- Perform a brief technical review of the BDC Request to determine if the change is technically sound and complete. If not, deny the request and reply to requestor. If complete, gather all relevant documents and electronic files.
- Decide if the proposed BDC is ready for In-House Review. If not, have the originator and technical support offices upgrade the request.
- Circulate for review and comment the BDC request and supporting documentation to individuals who have knowledge or possible concerns in the proposed changes.
- Coordinate the review and incorporate comments. Coordinate the review and approval from FHWA, if needed.
- Write the BDC Announcement and perform a quality assurance.
- If necessary, develop and provide training to enable staff to perform and/or understand the BDC.
- BDC announcement approved:
- Director of Quality Management Services approves and signs document.
- Assistant Commissioner Capital Program Management approves and signs document.
- File copies and electronic versions are sent to Web Control Unit and Subject Matter Expert for Standard Inputs (SI).
- If required, SI are updated and made available for Web listing and distribution.
- Outdated BDC's are marked superseded and archived.
- Notify Document Control Unit concerning external distribution.
- Perform an internal E-mail notification.
- File the original signed BDC announcement.
Consultant Contractor Evaluation
Use the Consultant Evaluation System Manual to evaluate the performance of our Design Consultants.
Apr 23, 2004