CHANGE TAX/EMPLOYER REGISTRATION RECORDS
You may change your tax/employer registration by filing Form REG-C-L (Request for Change of Registration Information).
You may file the following changes via the online REG-C-L:
- Changes in filing status (partnerships and proprietorships only);
- Reporting a new business mailing address;
- Changes in business tax or employer eligibilities; and
- Replacing your temporary tax/employer ID with your official tax/employer ID.
File online now
All other changes, in addition to those shown above, can be made by filing a paper REG-C-L. Click here to download it.
Please note that you cannot use the REG-C-L for the following purposes
- Register a new business for tax/employer purposes or register a new location for an existing business. File a Business Registration Application, Form NJ-REG instead.
- Purchase or sale of a business. The new owner(s) must file a NJ-REG form.
- Changes in legal structure or ownership type – e.g., the business changes from a proprietorship to a partnership or LLC). For registry purposes, the resulting entity is a new business. Complete the appropriate steps in the registration cycle online via the NJ Business Gateway.
- Amendments to original business entity charter documents such as amendments to certificates of incorporation. File the appropriate amendment form.