Governor Chris Christie • Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno  
The Official Web Site For The State of New Jersey - Department of Treasury
Global Navigation
FAQs Departments/ Agencies Services A to Z NJ Home Page

Important Notice for Earned Income Tax Credit Claimants with Pending Refunds

The Division of Taxation has expanded your options for complying with our request for additional documentation:
  1. If you have been asked to supply a copy of your Social Security card(s), but do not have one on hand, you may submit an affidavit available for download. With the affidavit, you must submit a copy of ONE of these items:
    • Social Security card, or
    • US Passport or US Passport card, or
    • Birth certificate issued by an American state, county or municipality, or
    • Consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth, or
    • Naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship, or
    • Permanent resident card (green card), or
    • Social Security benefit statement or Medicare card, or
    • US military orders.

  2. If you have been asked to supply final pay stubs for all the jobs you worked in 2015, and those are not available, you may instead send any 2015 paystub for each job you worked that year.

Should you have additional questions, you may call the Division’s Customer Service Center for assistance during normal business hours:  609 292-6400.

Last Updated: Friday, 01/22/16

Taxation: Home | Site Index | Site Help | Legislature | Judiciary | Revenue | IRS | Other Tax Links | Glossary
Treasury: Home | ServicesPeopleBusinesses | Divisions/AgenciesForms
NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996-
This site is maintained by the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services.

Reports Accessibility Statement Legal Statement Privacy Notice Contact Us Open Public Records Act Proposed Rules and Amendments Comment or Petition for new Rule Division/Ageny Statutes and Rules Electronic Notification