2012 Homestead Benefit Information
You may be eligible if you met these requirements:
- You were a New Jersey resident; and
- You owned and occupied a home in New Jersey that was your principal residence on October 1, 2012 (If you were not a homeowner on October 1, 2012, you are not eligible for a homestead benefit, even if you owned a home for part of the year.); and
- Property taxes for 2012 were paid on that home; and
- You met the 2012 income requirements.
You are not eligible unless you are required to pay property taxes on your home. For example, you are not eligible if:
- You are completely exempt from paying property taxes on your principal residence (such as certain totally and permanently disabled war veterans).
- You made P.I.L.O.T. (Payments-in-Lieu-of-Tax) payments to your municipality. These payments are not considered property taxes for purposes of the homestead benefit.
View information on: How to File | Payment Information | FAQ
Send an email about your Homestead Benefit