What the Office Does
The Office of the State Comptroller, an independent State agency, serves the public by conducting audits and investigations of government agencies throughout New Jersey. The Office also reviews government contracts and works to detect and prevent Medicaid Fraud. The Office strives to enhance the efficiency and transparency of government and to ensure public funds are spent effectively and efficiently.
- Audits government finances
- Examines efficiency of government programs
- Scrutinizes government contracts
- Investigates and uncovers misconduct, waste and abuse
- Investigates fraud,waste and abuse in the Medicaid program