Open to: Division-Wide
Salary: $52,010.00 - $73,437.00
Opening Date: 06/01/2022
Closing Date: 06/21/2022
Title Code: 42025/F4RXR1
Class Code: 18
Department: EPA/Environmental Protection
Unit Scope: G450 Division of Fish & Wildlife
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM AND MUST BE RETURNED TO:
Environmental Protection / Human Resources
Open to employees in the competetive division who are currently serving in a title to which the announcement is open and have an aggregate of one year of continuous permanent service as of the closing date in the following title(s):
Or to employees in the competitive division who have an aggregate of one year of continuous permanent service as of the closing date in any competetive title and meet the requirements listed below:
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in work involving the use, maintenance, and adjustment of heavy mechanized highway construction and maintenance equipment.
License: Appointees must possess a driver's license valid in the State of New Jersey. Proof of license must be submitted to appointing authority prior to appointment.
Appointees will be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), only if it is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Note: The responsibility for ensuring that employees possess the required motor vehicle license, commensurate with the class and type of vehicles they operate, rest with the Appointing Authority.
1. NJAC 4A:4-2.6 state that all requirements listed must be met as of the closing date, including assignment to the department and unit scope, and satisfying the permanent status requirement.
2. Online on-line applications will be accepted. Applications must be completed and submitted by 4:00PM on the closing date. You must complete your application in detail. Your score may be based on a comparison of your credentials with the job requirements. Failure to complete your application properly may lower your score or cause you to fail. Note: Auto-fill may cause incomplete information on your application. Please confirm your name, address, and phone number prior to submitting your application.
3. The Civil Service Commission is increasing its use of emails as a communication tool. Please ensure that your email is always up-to-date so that important information about the testing process is not missed. Please remember to check your junk mail, spam, and clutter for these important messages.
4. This examination is open to full- and part-time permanent employees. If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions. If 35- and 40-hour positions are used within the unit scope, the resulting list may be used to fill either work week position.
5. NJAC 4A:4-1.5 states that any employee who is serving on a provisional basis and who fails to file for and take an examination which has been announced for his/her title shall be separated from the provisional title.
In accordance with Public Law 2010 c.26, Veterans pay a reduced application fee of $15.00 if they have previously established Veterans Preference with the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMAVA) (as defined by N.J.S.A. 11A:5-1 et seq.). Those claiming Veterans Preference but have not yet received approval from DMAVA must pay the full application fee and may request a refund if the claim is approved at least 8 days prior to the issuance of this eligibility list. Please note this reduced fee does not apply to Public Safety titles.
7. SPECIAL NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS Please make sure you are assigned to the unit scope indicated above. If you do not know your unit scope assignment, please contact your Human Resource Office. If you file an application for this announcement and you are not assigned to the unit scope indicated above, you will be found ineligible for this exam and your application fee will not be refunded.
8. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, technical support and customer care are available during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays and emergency closings. Please Email: OAS.Support@csc.nj.gov or call (609) 292-4144. Please note that application support requests received outside regular business hours on the closing date will not change the application filing deadline so please file early.
9. Application fees submitted via personal check or money order must be postmarked within five (5) business days of submitting your application. If your fee is postmarked after five (5) business days, or is returned as invalid, you will be declared ineligible and denied admittance to the examination process.