Initial Certification Procedures for a CURRENTLY Certified Measurement Technician, Measurement Specialist, or Mitigation Specialist
- The regulations for Radon Testing and Mitigation at N.J.A.C. 7:28-27A were published in the New Jersey Register on June 6, 2022. You can now access the FULL Adoption Document and the NEW Regulations at N.J.A.C. 7:28-27A.
- Every business and individual must submit an application on or before October 3, 2022. The new rules will be operative on December 3, 2022.
- The Radon Section has emailed you a partially pre-filled initial application for certification under the new regulations. Check your email, including spam, and if you do not receive an application by June 16, 2022, contact the radon section at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 648-0394.
- Submit the initial application, required attachments, and specified fee to the Radon Section on or before October 3, 2022, to ensure there will not be any lapse in certification. The Radon Section will send you an acknowledgement notice when your application is complete. You will then provide your acknowledgement notice to any business with which you wish to be affiliated under the new regulations. The business will send the completed affiliation form to the Radon Section.
- The Radon Section will add the affiliation to the database and your new certification will be complete. A certificate will be mailed to you. Hold this certificate in a safe place until the new regulations are operative on December 3, 2022. Until then, continue to follow the regulations for the Certification of Radon Testers and Mitigators at N.J.A.C. 7:28-27.
- ALL certification correspondence will be via email in the future. Continue to check your email regularly. The Radon Section is not responsible for notices that are lost in your spam or junk folder.