Careers that prepare students for the diverse jobs found in our government at the local, state and federal levels, including military and, leadership.
- Public Management & Administration
- JROTC (Junior Reserve Officer's Training Corps)
NJ Career & Technical Education Standards
Approved CTE Programs
Career Cluster® Lead
Office of Career Readiness
Resources provided are for your reference. The New Jersey Department of Education does not endorse any resources.
Technical Skills Assessments
Technical skills assessment for JROTC are included in the curriculum issued by the federal government to operate programs.
Research proves that students participating in JROTC programs have an increase in attendance, graduation rates, higher GPA's, and a decrease in discipline issues and dropout rates. Source: The Effect of High School JROTC on Student Achievement, Educational Attainment, and Enlistment.
*Note: JROTC programs provide leadership opportunities for students. Students are NOT REQUIRED to join the military upon participating or completing a JROTC program.
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program - ASVAB CEP is a free resource used to empower students nationwide to discover their strengths and interests then map out post-secondary plans that work.
- March2Success - March2Success provides an online study program to help students prepare for standardized tests, improve school work and review materials. They also provide tools for educators and parents to track and encourage their students.
- In New Jersey there are two military installations that safeguard our nation.
- Generate employment for more than 73,000 people
- Support $9.6 billion in total economic activity
- Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst is the State's second largest employer.
- Supports more than 40,000 military and civilian employees
- Contributes more than $7 billion annually to the State's economy
- Supports more than 65,000 off base jobs
Source: State of New Jersey Business Portal