The Teacher Certification and Information System (TCIS) will be undergoing maintenance on Monday, February 17, 2020 from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (EST). You may experience difficulties in submitting a payment. We apologize for any inconvenience.
How Do I Apply for Certification?
click here to apply online
- For technical assistance questions regarding accessing the TCIS, please send a brief email describing the problem you have encountered to TCIStechassist@doe.nj.gov.
- Applicants should first read the TCIS User Manual before using TCIS.
- The Applicant Checklist provides details on the requirements for certification.
- Please note that all fees are non-refundable pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9B-5.4.
- Our Teacher Certification Information System was updated on March 6, 2017 to include upgrades to financial accounting of certificate payments and the creation of an online Oath of Allegiance. These upgrades were essential to meeting state auditing requirements. They will improve processing times and provide for more accurate documentation of your certification fees. As the Oath of Allegiance is required to be updated if a certificate is not issued within six months of the original application date, effective March 6, 2016. All applications will expire six months after the original application date. If your application expires, you may then reapply for the same or additional certificates and the monies left on file may be used as a credit (unless application was made June 30, 2016 and prior) for the new certificates. Fees are nonrefundable pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9B-5.