The NJDOE supports the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive, coordinated programs, services and activities for the achievement of the following aims:
- The prevention and intervention of at-risk student behavior;
- The prevention of the conditions that place students at risk for unsafe behaviors;
- The development of disciplined learning environments that are conducive to student achievement of challenging academic standards; and
- The development of factors that promote positive student development.
The information provided in the left column and on the linked pages is organized according to the following categories:
- Topics on at-risk student behaviors; and
- Projects supported by the NJDOE to aide local school districts and other agencies in addressing at-risk student behaviors.