Then in the 1960's the National Park Service, with assistance from the Millbrook Village Society, moved some structures threatened by the Tocks Island Damn project to higher ground at Millbrook. Some of these replaced original buildings that were long gone, and, in the 1970s, other structures were moved here as outbuildings for the village. Today, Millbrook Village has about the same number of buildings that it had around 1900. The roadbed of the old turnpike is now the main "street" running southwest to northeast through the village.
For more information, visit the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area website at http://www.nps.gov/dewa/index.htm or the Millbrook Village Society at http://www.millbrooknj.com/.