LOI Specific Certifications
You are required to certify the following 5 declarations.
- "I hereby certify that the location address, block(s) and lot(s), and the site location shown on the embedded map on the "Site Information" page as well as the acreages displayed on the "LOI Details" page for this LOI application are accurate."
Explanation: This means that all of the information you have provided is accurate, including the information displayed on the site information page in response to your GIS shapefile(s) upload. If ANY of this information was not correct, do not check this box.
- I hereby certify that I have written permission from the applicant(s) and/or property owner(s) to submit this application to the Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Land Use Regulation for a Letter of Interpretation (LOI). I will maintain a copy of the written permission for the life of the authorization and will provide a copy of this written permission upon request.
Explanation: If you do not have written permission from the applicant and property owner to submit this application, you should not be certifying this statement (and should not be submitting this application.)
- I hereby certify, under penalty of law, that I have personally reviewed the information submitted herein and that, based on my inquiry of those individuals immediately responsible for obtaining and/or preparing the information, I believe that the information is true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant civil and criminal penalties for submitting false or inaccurate information, including the possibility of fines and imprisonment.
Explanation: Certification of this statement should not be taken lightly. If you have knowingly or have reason to know that the information you are submitting is false, the State can pursue civil and/or criminal charges against you for submitting false or inaccurate information.
- I hereby certify that, in accordance with the Freshwater Wetlands Protection Act Rules at N.J.A.C. 7:7A-10.1(q), any required survey has been conducted and the documentation provided in accordance with these requirements.
Explanation: Surveys are REQUIRED to conform to the regulations outlined in the certification above. By certifying this statement, you acknowledge that you have personally reviewed any survey submitted to insure that it meets all standards as required by these rules.
- I hereby certify that I, as the property owner(s) or a representative for the property owner(s), give unconditional consent to allow access to the site by representatives or agents of the Department for the purpose of conducting a site inspection or survey of the property which is the subject of this LOI application.
Explanation: This certification is required so that staff from the Division of Land Use Regulation may visit the site and conduct the investigations necessary to complete your application.
(See a screenshot of the LOI Specific Certifications page.)
Next: The E-LOI Portal Service Certification Page
Division of Land Use Regulation: Website
E-LOI Portal: Log in to NJDEP Online