Acceptable forms of identification

Valid photo driver's license or photo non-driver's license with current address.
Valid driver’s license without photo and an alternate form of ID with current address.
Two alternate forms of ID, one of which must show the current address

Alternate Forms of ID:

  • Vehicle registration
  • Vehicle insurance card
  • Voter registration
  • US/Foreign Passport
  • Immigrant Visa
  • Permanent Resident Card (Green card)
  • Federal/State ID
  • County ID
  • School ID
  • Utility bill(within the previous 90 days)
  • Bank Statement (within previous 90 days)
  • W-2 or tax return for current or previous year

People who are homeless can provide identification from a social worker or homeless shelter coordinator.

People who are incarcerated can provide legal imprisonment, conviction papers or release documents that include the name, social security number and all possible aliases used in the past or identification from a prison/probation official.

Please do not send in original ID documents. Only copies are required.

Last Reviewed: 7/19/2017