New Jersey State Board of Education
State Board Code/Regulation Process
A major function of the State Board is the adoption of administrative code that contains the rules for implementing education laws. For new code or major revisions to the code, the following process is applicable:
- Code is proposed by the Commissioner and introduced for discussion.
- Proposed code is published in the New Jersey Register.
- Public input is accepted for 30 to 60 days after publication in the New Jersey Register.
- Monthly public testimony sessions are held by the State Board.
- Code is adopted by the State Board after evaluation of input and subsequent revisions.