Artisan Application Category Descriptions
Choose the category that most closely describes your work. Category descriptions represent a sampling of the things included in the categories.
- Metal: hand wrought, molded, punched or cut (as in tin) items such as fireplace accoutrements, lighting fixtures, hardware, tools, utensils.
- Glass: molded, slumped, fused or blown glass items other than jewelry—i.e., drinking utensils, bottles, vials, vases.
- Jewelry: based on historical designs and patterns using historical materials.
- Paper: hand-painted, stained, cut, printed (not by computer printer)—i. e., Scherenschnitte, Papyrotamia, silhouettes.
- Woodworking: furniture, carved sculpture, wooden utensils or vessels (i.e., for eating or storage), musical instruments, tools, inlay or other pieces whose primary medium is wood.
- Pottery: vessels or other items made from clay (no commercial molds).
- Plant and Animal Fiber Arts & Leather: basketry; quilts; hand-knitted, -tatted or -crocheted items; items sewn or otherwise pieced together from fabric or other natural materials such as leather or wool, including garments, accessories, etc.; weaving and tapestry (Please avoid the use of animal fur).
- Toys, Games & Dolls: handcrafted, based on historical designs and patterns
- Mixed Media: this category includes objects that incorporated more than one medium, as well as published books of a historical nature, especially those with an emphasis on NJ history, being presented by author.
- Other: items that do not fit any of the above categories, but still fit the criteria of being original and traditional or representative of a historical period, i.e., hand-dipped candles, brooms, historical perfumery and cosmetics, etc.—explanation of how the item(s) fits the criteria will need to be included on the application.
PN: No firearms or weaponry of any kind is to be displayed and/or sold.
To help determine the appropriateness of craft items, please include five .jpeg images (preferably 640x480 to 1200x1600 pixels in size for each image,) not to exceed 1.5 MB each. Three of these images must represent different pieces of work you will offer for sale; one illustrates your booth display; and one shows the artist at work in his or her studio or workspace.
Images can be emailed to SotJ2014marketplace@yahoo.com or by US mail to: Lisa Flick, Chair, MarketPlace Committee, Rockhingham State Historic Site, P.O. Box 496, Kingston, NJ 08528-0496.
Applications without these specified images will not be considered. The product images you send must represent the products you will be selling in your booth. Images will not be corrected or altered for quality. Please be sure of the quality of your images before sending. Please make sure that your name and/or company name accompanies the images.
Return to Previous Screen