Survivor Outreach Services
Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) demonstrates the Army’s commitment to Families of the Fallen and departed. SOS is a holistic and multi-agency approach to delivering services to Survivors by providing services at the garrisons and communities closest to where Families live.
SOS Coordinators Will
- Provide expertise on State and Federal survivor benefits
- Work closely with the Casualty Assistance Officer (CAO) to provide guidance and assistance to the Family in regards to benefits, entitlements and local resources.
- Arrange for estate and financial advice, when requested.
- Educate the military command, community social services and support agencies of the needs of our military Survivors.
- Form networks and support groups so Survivors will have peer support readily available.
- Connect Survivors with appropriate behavioral health support/counseling as requested.
- Coordinate with family members to organize memorial events and ceremonies.
- Supply Survivors with resource referrals for:
- Peer Support Bereavement counseling
- Financial services
- Military legal assistance
- Educational benefits
- Obtaining reports VA Benefits Assistance: (DIC, SS, DG, SBP, SGLI, FSGLI)
Survivor Outreach Services are free, anonymous, and confidential
Evening and weekend appointments available