New Jerseyans’ heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the everyone who has been recently affected by hurricanes throughout the country.
New Jersey stands ready to assist victims in need by offering valuable resources and raising awareness of how to help.
Click here to get involved in this emergency recovery effort.
- Those wishing to donate are urged to do so through a trusted organization.
- At the national level, many voluntary-, faith- and community-based organizations are active in disasters, and are trusted ways to donate to disaster survivors. Click here to learn more about these trusted organizations from the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD) website.
- Volunteers are asked to not self-deploy and to remain patient, as unexpectedly showing up to any of the communities that have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey will create an additional burden for first responders.
- At this time, potential volunteers are asked to register with a voluntary or charitable organization of their choice, many of which are already supporting survivors on the ground.
- The National VOAD websites contain links to those who wish to register to volunteer with community- and faith-based organizations working in the field.