Bureau of Underground Storage Tanks Compliance and Enforcement
UST Operator Training is now available. Click here
The UST Registration Information Lookup report - displays the Registration Status and the Expiration Date for the UST (Underground Storage Tank) registration number entered.
Underground Storage Tank (UST) Compliance & Enforcement is a component of the Division of Pesticides, Waste and Underground Storage Tank Enforcement. This program component is dedicated to enforcing what are commonly referred to as the “operational compliance” requirements for UST’s, found in N.J.A.C. 7:14B. These include, but are not limited to, the Registration requirements in Subchapters 1 & 2, General Operating Requirements found in Subchapter 5, Release Detection requirements in Subchapter 6, Release Reporting and Investigation requirements found in Subchapter 7, Out-Of-Service and Closure requirements found in Subchapter 9 and Financial Responsibility requirements found in Subchapter 15.
What We Do
The functions of the UST Compliance and Enforcement program include:
- Provides compliance assistance
- Performs UST facility inspections
- Investigates regulated UST related complaints
- Issues enforcement documents that may include penalty assessments
- Negotiates return to compliance schedules and penalty settlements
- Assists the Attorney General in developing enforcement cases and testifies in court