Resources: Policy and Funding
Emergency and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund
Federal Emergency Management Agency – Public Assistance
State School Aid
Use of Reserve Accounts and Transfers
Costs and Contracting
- AT&T FirstNet- Although the FirstNet mission is to deploy, operate, maintain, and improve the first high-speed, nationwide wireless broadband network dedicated to public safety, some school districts are eligible.
- Case Studies (EducationSuperHighway) – Read success stories from school districts across the country that now have access to high-speed internet.
- Compare & Connect K–12 – A school broadband tool that helps school district leaders see what they are paying for internet services compared to similar districts.
- E-rate Webinars (NJSBA): Watch on-demand webinars to help you navigate the E-rate cycle.
- Get Started in E-rate (Universal Service Administrative Company)
- Guides and Templates (EducationSuperHighway) – Share these best practices with your technology and business staff to support their E-Rate application.
- High Speed Internet (NJ)- Find internet access and service providers in areas throughout New Jersey
- Network Essentials for Superintendents- A guide that takes school district leaders through the ABCs of school broadband functionality.
- NJ K–12 Broadband Initiative and E-rate (NJSBA)
- The EmpowerED 2.0 Program: This program, sponsored by T-Mobile, aims to narrow America's digital divide by providing wireless devices and service plans to eligible schools and their students.
Security and Confidentiality
- 10 Key Steps to Establish Distance Learning Amid COVID-19, F3 Law
- COPPA Guidance for EdTech Companies and Schools, Federal Trade Commission
- Cyber Security Considerations in a COVID-19 World, CoSN
- Cyber Security Training for State, Local and Federal Government Employees, NICCS
- Data in the Cloud: A Legal and Policy Guide for School Boards on Student Data Privacy in the Cloud Computing Era, National School Boards
- Data Security for Schools: A Legal and Policy Guide for School Boards, National School Boards
- FERPA and Virtual Learning, US Department of Education
- Guidance on E-Learning Technology, Colorado Department of Education
- Guidelines to Defend VTC Hijacking and Zoom Bombing, FBI
- Online Learning Best Practices for Schools and Educators, FPF
- Parents: Raise Your Hand and Ask Schools How They Protect Student Data, FPF
- Protecting the Privacy of Student Records, NCES
- Student Privacy During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Resources, FPF
- Teacher's Data Privacy While Teaching Online, FPF
- The Educators Guide to Student Privacy, FPF and ConnectSafely
- Video Conferencing Tools in the Age of Remote Learning, CoSN