Judgments, collections, and bankruptcies
If your account is in default, a judgment will be entered in Superior Court. A lien may be placed upon your assets by the Division of Employer Accounts.
If you would like to enter into a payment plan or pay off the liability on a judgment, call our Collections Unit at 609-633-6400, option 1, or email Collection.Mailbox@dol.nj.gov.
To search for the status of a judgment or verify that a judgment has been satisfied, visit the New Jersey Courts website.
What we do
Our unit handles all matters related to bankruptcies, legal judgments, liens, and levies, including - but not limited to - the following:
- Mailing prejudgment and judgment letters
- Processing judgments
- Processing writs of execution
- Submitting writs to Superior Court
- Communicating with sheriff offices, banks, and courts
- Processing sheriff and court cost payments
- Processing turnover orders
- Updating judgments
- Processing judgment and writ adjustments
- Processing checks from the sheriff
- Issuing Warrants of Satisfaction
- Issuing Clear Statements
- Submit Proofs of Claim to Bankruptcy Courts