Please select from the three links below to locate construction services, professional services, or Equipment, Materials and Supplies information:
Bureau of Construction
Bureau of Professional
- Classifies highway construction firms.
- Advertises highway projects.
- Receives and certifies highway project bids.
- Awards and executes contracts.
- Approves subcontracts.
- Maintains contractors' past performance evaluations.
Bureau of Equipment, Materials, and Supplies:
- Reviews and approves prequalification of consultants.
- Solicits Technical Proposals and provides a 6 month look ahead for anticipated solicitations.
- Responsible for Consultant Selection Committee activities and notifying industry of consultant selections.
- Processes consultant ratings and maintains the Consultant Evaluation System Report.
- Reviews and approves Cost Basis Approval applications.
- Processes Corporate Reorganizations.
The State does not prequalify vendors for the purchase of goods and services.
- Uses State Contracts for major purchases (90% of NJDOT Purchases) and Direct Purchasing
Authority (DPA) for small dollar amounts
- Utilizes both traditional purchase orders and P-Cards (Credit Cards)
- Develops and transmits specifications (RFP's) to Treasury, Purchase Bureau
In addition, the Division of Operations purchases specific goods and services for highway and
Notice: Interested Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) vendors can submit responses to
current ITS Technology Product Presentation RFI's by accessing the information through the following