Acting Gov. DiFrancesco to Visit
Routes 4 and 208 Project in Bergen County
Acting Governor Donald T. DiFrancesco will join Transportation Commissioner James Weinstein and state and local officials to visit and hear a progress report on the Routes 4 and 208 project in Bergen County.
The project visit will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, April 9, in a lot adjacent to Room Creations, 40-18 Route 4 East (Broadway), Fair Lawn.
The Route 4 and 208 project consists of the complete reconfiguration of the merge. It includes separation of Route 4 eastbound express and local traffic by creating new Route 4 local and express roadways, a new Route 208 local roadway, shoulders and the lengthening of the eastbound acceleration and deceleration lane. A new bridge will be built to carry the Route 4 eastbound express lanes over Route 208 and the bridge carrying Route 208 over Saddle River Road will be rehabilitated. The project also calls for resurfacing, new signing, and upgraded drainage.
The contractor for the federally funded project is Bishop-Sanzari-Creamer of Hackensack, NJ, which was awarded the $18.4 million job in November, 2000.
Directions to the site visit are as follows -
- NJ Turnpike to Exit 18W.
- Follow I-95 North to I-80 West. Follow I-80 West to Route 17 North.
- Follow Route 17 North to Route 4 West. Follow Route 4 West past the - Garden State Parkway and Route 208 into Fair Lawn.
- Take the jughandle at 32nd Street (look for a Dunkin Donuts) to make a U-turn on to Route 4 East.
- Take Route 4 East (Broadway) to a vacant lot next door to Room Creations, 40-18 Broadway.
- Parking is available in the lot.