Division of Temporary Disability and Family Leave InsuranceURL reading ( My Leave Benefits . NJ . Gov )

Were You Overpaid Benefits?

man with his hand to his head, reading mail

If you get a Demand for Refund (P60) notice in the mail, don't panic!

Carefully read the attached determination to find out how much you owe us and why.

In general, most overpayments are due to information crossing in the mail. Fines and/or interest will not be assessed to the overpayment in most cases.

Regardless of the reason for the overpayment, as the person receiving the benefits you are responsible to reimburse this program. We try to make the process of repayment as easy as possible.

  • You may choose to set up a repayment schedule by contacting our Benefit Payment Control office at 609-292-0030.
  • You may choose to pay online.
  • You may send a check or money order (cash will not be accepted) to the address listed below. Make the check or money order payable to NJ Dept. Of Labor and Workforce Development, and be sure to write your name and Social Security number on the payment.

Mail to: Bureau of Benefit Payment Control, Refund Processing Section, PO Box 951, Trenton NJ 08625-0951

If you do not understand why we sent you this notice, call Customer Service at 609-292-7060. If you still disagree with the reason provided, you may file an appeal. Click here to learn about the appeals process.

Related Topics
Man looking at paper

Appealing A Decision

Every decision notice we send has instructions for filing an appeal if you don’t agree with the decision. Here’s what to do next.


learn more about appealing a decisionLEARN MORE >

calendar with pencil lying on top of it

Expectation vs. Reality: When Limitations Affect Your Benefits

Here are some common reasons why applications may be denied, or benefit amounts may be lower than expected.

learn more about benefit limitationsLEARN MORE >