- Median Student Growth Percentiles
- Evaluation Leadership (principal evaluation only)
To facilitate the collection of evidence for the Evaluation Leadership component of principal evaluation, the Department has produced this optional spreadsheet that principal evaluators can use to collect evidence and score one or more principals.
Summary Scoring Resources and Guidance:
- Teacher Evaluation Scoring Guide
- Principal Evaluation Scoring Guide
- Observation Signatures: Districts should ensure they have the proper documentation for each required observation in the teacher's personnel file by the time of the summary conference – including observer and teacher signatures. Districts using electronic records for observation reports might consider keeping one "signature page" in the teacher's file, listing the sign-off's after each observation. A number of districts have adopted this approach, which they have found to be very efficient.
- Summative Rating Cut Scores: Over the summer, approximately 90 educators from all over the state (over half of which are current classroom teachers) worked for three days analyzing data and making substantive contributions to the summative rating scales. These educators examined anonymous teacher portfolios based on data from evaluation pilot districts to review results from SGOs, observation ratings, and SGP data (if applicable). The educators recommended the cut scores below, which the Department has chosen to adopt in full.
SY13-14 Summative Rating Cut Scores
Summary Conference Resources:
- Optional mSGP Teacher Summary Conference Form (Word | PDF)
- Please note that mSGP scores and final summative ratings for teachers receiving mSGPs will be provided by the Department in January 2015. Therefore, these teachers should discuss the other components of evaluation at the summary conference but will not have the mSGP or final evaluation score at that time.
- Optional non-mSGP Teacher Summary Conference Form (Word | PDF)