Approved Evaluation Instruments and RFQ Information
Evaluation Instrument Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Approved Lists
The New Jersey Department of Education RFQ application period for Teacher Practice and Principal Practice Evaluation Instruments has concluded. As a result, new approved Teacher Practice and Principal Practice Evaluation instrument lists are available below.
Please note the following advisories:
- Instruments are approved only as the version/edition specified here; districts that make modifications to an approved instrument must submit the instrument with modifications for separate review through the RFQ process.
- Districts must abide by intellectual property laws before utilizing a particular instrument. If an individual or organization holds a copyright to an instrument, the district is responsible for securing permission for its proper usage.
- This list only includes instruments that have met the technical requirements for use in New Jersey. Any district that will be purchasing instruments is required to follow public bidding laws and regulations in acquiring an evaluation instrument and should consult with their Business Administrator (BA) for guidance. If the BA needs additional support, he or she should contact the appropriate county office of education.
- The instruments on the approved list do not have contracts with the state, necessitating that districts develop their own contracts; please refer to our FAQ on public bidding for more information. Additionally, districts must ensure that they have the supports in place to meet the implementation requirements of the evaluation instrument, such as teacher and administrator training and/or proof of mastery. Related details can be found in our evaluation requirement FAQ.
- The instrument approval process does not extend to data management systems. The state provides no approval list or endorsements for any data systems. Districts may choose or create a data management system that best suits their local needs.