The NJHMFA maintains active relationships with many lenders. If interested in becoming a participating lender in the Agency's Single Family programs, visit our Apply to Be a Lender page to download the required documents.
Partner with NJHMFA
The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency works with other business partners in a variety of functions that assist in the development of affordable housing. More information about these partners is provided below.
The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) maintains open lists of qualified HUD Certified Housing Counseling Agencies and/or New Jersey State Licensed Debt Adjusters.
Services to be provided by qualified HUD Certified Housing Counseling Agencies and/or New Jersey State Licensed Debt Adjusters include but are not limited to face-to-face meeting with client within 10 business days of client completing the online application, reviewing and verifying all required documents and recommending to the NJHMFA approval or denial of applicants under the program guidelines.
NJHMFA will provide payments in pre-determined amounts for counseling services rendered.
Certificates of Insurance (ACORD 25 - Certificate of Liability Insurance) naming the NJHMFA as additional insured are required to be included with the application package. Such coverage shall be with an insurance company authorized to do business in the State of New Jersey.
- Workers' Compensation and Employers' Liability: This insurance shall be maintained in force during the life of this contract covering all employees engaged in performance of this contract pursuant to N.J.S.A. 34:15-12(a) and N.J.A.C. 12:235-1.6.
- General Liability Insurance: This insurance shall be provided with limits of not less than $1,000,000 for any one person and $1,000,00 for any one accident for bodily injury and $2,000,000 aggregate for propertydamage, and shall be maintained in full force during the life of the contract.
HUD Certified Housing Counseling Agencies and/or New Jersey State Licensed Debt Adjusters interested in being included on the list must complete the documents included with the application package, provide the specific required submissions and submit the entire application package to the Agency's Procurement Division for review and approval. Awards will be effective for one year for date of execution of contract.
TO BECOME A QUALIFIED HOUSING COUNSELOR
Complete and sign the documents in the package where indicated, include the required submissions and submit to:
637 South Clinton Avenue
P.O. Box 18550
Trenton, NJ 08650-2085
Single Family and Multifamily Programs
The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency maintains an open list of qualified single family and multifamily appraisers. Single family appraisal services are needed from time to time for loans that are originated by the Agency. Assignments are made on a rotating basis. Appraisers may apply to be placed on the NJHMFA's pre-qualified list.
To become a pre-qualified appraiser:
Complete the fillable PDF documents.
Documents to be returned to NJHMFA are:
- The Appraiser's Application Checklist
- The Prequalified Appraiser's Application
- The Source Disclosure Certification Form
- The Code of Ethics for Vendors
- Exhibit A (Mandatory Affirmative Action Language)
- A Certificate of Employee Information Report or Federal Affirmative Action Plan approval letter. If you do not have either, please indicate that fact.
- A copy of your New Jersey State Appraiser's License
- Copies of any professional certificates, designations, and associations to which you belong.
- A signed sample appraisal prepared within the past five years related to each category applied for.
- Proof of errors and omissions insurance coverage
- Copy of your New Jersey Business Registration Certificate (NJBRC)
Complete and sign the documents where indicated and return all required documents that are listed using the LeapFile link below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once on the site click secure upload to send all documents.
NJHMFA Procurement Department
Market Analysts provide services both for the developers of tax credit properties as well as for the Agency. Market Analyst firms are selected to review the market studies contained in tax credit applications through a competitive bidding process that occurs approximately every five years.
Parties interested in being included on the Agency's list of Market Analysts should contact our Procurement Department at 609-278-7400 or via email.
The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency employs the services of asset managers to maintain, market, and sell its foreclosed single family properties. Asset managers are selected by competitive bid approximately every five years. The state is divided into north, central, and southern zones with asset managers assigned to each zone.
Parties interested in being included on the list for receiving a Request for Proposals should contact our Procurement Department at 609-278-7400 or via email.