Route 202/206 southbound to be closed overnight
Additional ramps to be closed for milling and paving
(Trenton) -New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced that Route 202/206 south will be temporarily closed overnight next week, along with several ramps as the Route 206 southbound merge improvements with I-287 project advances toward completion in Bridgewater.
Beginning at 8 p.m. tonight, Thursday, September 13 until 6 a.m. the next day, and recurring nightly for about a week, NJDOT's contractor, Green Construction, Inc., is scheduled to temporarily close Route 202/206 southbound overnight between Garretson Road and Commons Way for final milling and paving as the project comes to a close. The ramp between I-287 southbound and Route 202/206, and the exit ramp to Commons Way are also scheduled to be closed overnight. The following detours will be in place:
Route 202/206 southbound detour
- Turn left to exit onto Downey Road
- Turn right onto Garretson Road
- Turn left at the traffic signal onto Commons Way
- Turn left at the next traffic signal to continue onto Route 202/206 southbound
I-287 southbound Ramp to Route 202/206 detour
- Continue on I-287 southbound to Exit 14A for Route 22 eastbound
- Take next exit for CR 525/Thompson Avenue
- Turn right CR 525/Thompson Avenue northbound towards Route 22 westbound
- Turn right towards Route 22 westbound
- Continue on Route 22 west to Route 202/206
Commons Way Exit Ramp detour
- Continue on Route 202/206 southbound to Route 22 east
- Take the next exit onto Route 202/206 northbound
- Take the next exit for Commons Way
The $1.9 million dollar safety improvements project eliminated the yield from Route 202/206 southbound at the merge with I-287 by widening Route 202/206 southbound to provide an acceleration lane onto the ramp. The project also included improved signage, drainage, and curb replacement and provides safety and operational benefits to the merge. The project began in June of this year.
Advanced warning and variable messaging signs are being utilized to provide advance notification to the motoring public of all traffic pattern changes associated with the work. NJDOT will provide more information before any lane closures are scheduled.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for construction updates and real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.