CDBG Sandy Disaster Recovery Program
Under the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Action Plan, HMFA has been designated as the administrator of three programs which will assist in the creation of rental projects in the nine designated counties.
The Fund for Restoration of Multifamily Housing (FRM), Fund for Restoration of Multifamily Housing - Public Housing Authority Set-Aside Program (FRM-PHA) and Sandy Special Needs Housing Fund (SSNHF) Programs are dedicated to rebuilding and restoring a lasting foundation for New Jersey in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. The programs are made possible by funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Program.
For other state administered funds and programs created under the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Action Plan, visit the Department of Community Affairs' Superstorm Sandy page.
HMFA Board Approved CDBG Guidelines and Application Materials
- FRM Round 3B Guidelines - Updated as of 2-5-16
- FRM Round 3B Scoring Sheet
- FRM 3rd Round Construction & Perm Checklist
- FRM Round 3B Renter Damage by Municipality Chart
- FRM Round 3B Application List
- FRM Round 3B Selection Criteria Application Guide New as of 2-5-16
- FRM Round 3B Timeline New as of 2-5-16
- FRM 2nd Round Guidelines
- FRM 2nd Round Timeline
- FRM 2nd Round Pipeline
- FRM 2nd Round Scoring Sheet
- FRM 2nd Round Construction & Perm Checklist
- FRM 2nd Round Conduit Checklist
- FRM 2nd Round Renter Damage by Municipality Chart
- FRM 2nd Round Major Foreign Languages Spoken in Nine Most Affected Counties Chart
- FRM 2nd Round Selection Criteria Application Guide
- FRM 2nd Round Sponsor Certification
The agreement outlines how the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) and its partner agencies administering Sandy recovery programs will expand outreach efforts to ensure full and meaningful access by vulnerable populations, especially those of limited English proficiency (LEP) living in the nine counties which HUD determined were most impacted by Superstorm Sandy. Under the agreement, the state has designed specific program provisions and will implement additional services to continue serving low- to moderate-income families through the recovery programs.
Voluntary Compliance Agreement (VCA) Signed 5/30/2014
HUD Approved Language Access Plan (LAP)
- CDBG Tax Credit and Multifamily (FRM) Overview Session - April 3 and April 9, 2013