Before creating a “My Voter Record Account”:
- Please visit the Am I Registered/Voter Search Tool to confirm your voter registration information for accuracy, including spelling, date of birth, and city/county
If you experience difficulty bringing up your voter registration record: Please remember your county provided the information that is loaded into the “Am I Registered” tool. Therefore the name you enter into the “Am I Registered" lookup tool must exactly match how the county provided it to work correctly.
Here are some things to keep in mind when entering your name into the “Am I Registered” tool:
- Does your last name have a hyphen or space?
For example: McDonald may be entered as Mc Donald.
- Was there a hyphen added or last name changed due to marriage?
- Is there a middle initial is used to search and the county doesn’t have a middle name on your registration.
- Nicknames won’t match.
For example: Kate won’t match Katherine, Jim won’t match James, etc.
- If the information is shown incorrectly in your voter registration record, county election officials must be notified. However, for purposes of creating your Voter Record Account enter the information as it currently appears in you voter registration record.
- Once you have confirmed your information, locate your Voter ID number in the record you retrieved and write it down. You should then use the Voter ID number to create a “My Voter Record” account.
Now you are ready to go ahead and create a “Voter Record Account” to track your ballot.
Here are some helpful tips when creating your “Voter Record Account”:
- There can’t be any spaces in the first name when creating an account.
For example: If a voter’s first name is “S Robert,” the voter should create an account using “S” as the first name.
- Your username must be between 4 and 15 characters long and may consist of any of the following characters:
- a single period
- Your password must be at least eight characters long and include at least one of the following:
- lowercase letter
- uppercase letter
- symbol (! @ # $ % ^ & *)
- When logging into your account for the first time, please be aware you are to log in using your username and password, not your email address.
Download a printable version of these Helpful Hints